News, Orders & Notices
he Madison County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office is pleased to announce that we have begun to accept E-Recordings. We are currently set up with Simplifile and CSC for electronic recordings. This is for E-Recordings only, we are not set up to accept E-Filings in court cases. We are not accepting judgments, financing statements, or large plats (over 8 ½ x 14). This includes any documents with a large plat attached. You will still need to mail or hand deliver these documents.
The Judicial Inquiry and Review Commission was created by the Constitution of Virginia to investigate complaints of judicial misconduct or serious mental or physical disabilities that interfere with a judge’s duties. For more information concerning the Judicial Inquiry and Review Commission, visit the VA Courts website.
Digitized Land Condemnation Records Related to the Creation of Shenandoah National Park
In partnership with James Madison University, and with funding from the Madison County Historical Society, The Piedmont Environmental Council (PEC) has completed the digitization of thousands of legal documents related to the Commonwealth’s 1930s-era condemnation of private lands in Madison County for the creation of Shenandoah National Park (SNP). Until now, these records have been housed, unorganized and amongst many boxes, in the storage room of the Madison County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office. They were only rarely if ever, used by land surveyors. Now, all deed book records, court proceedings, and individual case files for Madison County properties that are part of Shenandoah National Park are publicly accessible and searchable for the first time. The online database is hosted by James Madison University (JMU) and accessible from The Piedmont Environmental Council’s webpage on the project.
- View the Full Article on the PECVA website.
Beginning February 1, 2020, the Madison County Circuit Court will begin accepting payment for criminal fines, costs, and restitution by credit card online at the Virginia Court Circuit Online Payment System website.
Make sure you have linked into the Circuit Court division and Madison County. You will be given instructions on how to pay. There will be a 4% convenience fee assessed per transaction.
- Case Alert Subscription System - Spanish (PDF)
- Case Alert Subscription System (PDF)
- Complete listing of available forms for submission to court - Spanish (PDF)
- Complete listing of available forms for submission to court (PDF)
- Judicial Inquiry And Review Commission Information (PDF)
- Making payments online for Circuit Court - Spanish (PDF)
- Making payments online for Circuit Court Cases (PDF)
- Proposed amended -Senate Joint Resolution No. 231 (Section 6-A) (PDF)
- Statewide search of criminal and traffic cases - Spanish (PDF)
- Statewide search of criminal and traffic cases (PDF)