Colleges & Universities
- Germanna Community College
- Located in Locust Grove, VA, Germanna Community College is a part of the Virginia Community College System that serves the residents of Madison. The college provides associate's degrees and certificate courses alongside providing dual-enrollment courses to students at Madison County High School.
Other Learning Institutions
- Head Start
- The Head Start program program aims to prepare children for Kindergarten by helping them develop cognitively, socially, emotionally, and physically in a positive learning environment. Head Start services in Madison are provided by the Skyline Community Action Partnership.
- Literacy Council
- The Literacy Council of Madison County provides educational services for adult residents including instruction in reading, math, and writing, GED preparation, technology literacy, and an ELL (English Language Learners) program for those seeking to improve their English.
- Boys & Girls Club
- The Madison Boys & Girls Club is a youth development program that offers a lineup of programs that focus on academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles. The Madison Club is located adjacent to Waverly Yowell Elementary School in Madison, The Madison Club serves youth ages ages 5-18 during their after-school program and their full -day program during the summer.