Madison County is committed to bringing universal Broadband internet access to its citizens across the county. Madison County currently has two broadband projects underway. The RISE project is being handled by Firefly. Firefly has committed to completing this project by December 2025. The other broadband project is being handled by Brightspeed. Brightspeed has committed to completing this project by December 2024.
Do you qualify for Firefly?
The RISE Project is an initiative by Firefly Fiber Broadband, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Central Virginia Electric Cooperative (CVEC), to provide internet access to all underserved homes and businesses in 13 counties in Central Virginia. Projects to be completed by the end of 2025. Firefly offers gigabit-speed internet via fiber to the premise that is reliable and affordable.
- Select Firefly Project Track to see if you qualify for Firefly.
- Do you see your area on the project area map?
- Scroll down to get more details regarding your area.
- Click map/communication to see a more detailed map for each area.
- Check availability/ Pre-register.
- All Firefly customers must pre-registrations to help coordinate installations while contractors are in the area. After your address is connected to the fiber line, Firefly will be in touch to schedule your installation!
- If you have questions, give them a call or email.
Do you qualify for Brightspeed?
More information coming soon!
Don’t qualify for either?
Madison County partnered with Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission (TJPDC) and applied for the 2023 VATI Grant to provide Broadband in the Syria/Etlan/Banco area. The 2023VATI Grant was not awarded and Madison County plans to reapply during the 2024 VATI Grant application cycle.